This pack contains parts to make an additional outlet for your Tweet-a-Watt setup. Included is
- XBee Series 1 module
- XBee adapter kit
- Bag of parts including 10,000uF capacitor, 220uF capacitor, 2 1% 10K resistors, 2 1% 4.7K resistors, 5mm green LED, 6" rainbow ribbon cable, and 2 pieces of 1/8" and 1/16" heatshrink
* Please note, a P3 Kill-a-Watt is NOT included! You will need to buy this separately at a local hardware store, or online. They run about $20 each. You'll also need some tools, which are not included. The kit is unassembled, and requires some light soldering to piece together. It is a moderate/advanced project and is intended for people with electronics & computer experience and are comfortable working around High Voltages
To capture the wireless data, you will need a receiver setup, made of an FTDI cable, XBee adapter kit and XBee radio.
For a lot more information, including instructions and files please check out the very detailed Tweet-a-Watt website!
Documentation and Resources:
- Character Displays with Particle
Crunching numbers is fine, but sometimes you really need to visualise what’s going on in the tiny brain of your Photon. There are numerous different ways to visualise data or text on a microcontroller from binary LEDs, to HDMI displays, however...
- FM Radio with Arduino, LCD and Si4703
A couple of years ago, I found a modern jukebox (with iPod connectivity, AM/FM radio, CD player and LEDs) dumped in my street. The body was in decent condition but all of the electronics were ruined apart from the LEDs. I decided to take it and replace all of the electronics with my own and add a few cool features. One of the parts of the larger project was to make an FM radio with an LCD and pushbuttons to control the frequency...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.