NOOBS has made installing Operating Systems (OS) on the Raspberry a super simple process. If you haven’t purchased a Raspberry Pi NOOBS MicroSD card, you can download NOOBS onto a blank SD card in a couple of quick, easy steps.
For this tutorial you will need:
- Freshly formatted (FAT32) MicroSD card (or regular SD card if you’re using an original Raspberry Pi). It will need to be Class 4 or higher, and at least 8GB (installing all available Operating Systems is approx 32GB, and, Raspbian+PIXEL by itself is slightly more than 4GB). We recommend a Class 10 card as this will improve the performance of the Pi.
- A separate computer with an internet connection and SD card port.
Download NOOBS files to SD card:
- Visit the Raspberry Pi Download page and download the NOOBS – Offline and network install ZIP (approx.. 1GB).
- Extract the ZIP file and copy all of the files inside it over to your formatted SD card.
- Safely eject your SD card
If all has gone according to plan, the files on your SD card should look like this:
Awesome sauce, you’ve just created your own NOOBS SD card, and you can now follow our Raspberry Pi NOOBS Setup Tutorial to install Raspbian using NOOBS.