The Tsunami Super WAV Trigger is the next evolutionary step beyond the original WAV Trigger.
Based on a new generation ARM Cortex m7, the Tsunami extends polyphony to 32 mono or 18 stereo simultaneous uncompressed 44.1kHz, 16-bit tracks. Each track can start, pause, resume, loop and stop independently, and can have it’s own volume setting, allowing you to create the perfect interactive mix of music, dialog and sound effects. The Tsunami also supports true seamless looping over an arbitrary track length.
The big news is that the Tsunami has 8 audio output channels, arranged as either 8 mono or 4 stereo pairs. Alternate versions of firmware support either mono and stereo architecture – you choose. The mono version adds a new “Synced Set” trigger function that can start up to 8 mono tracks on adjacent outputs. These tracks will start and stay in sample-sync for playing stereo or even 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound content with a single trigger. Any track can be dynamically routed to any output. And each output provides independent real-time volume and sample-rate conversion (pitch bend.)
Each Tsunami Super WAV Trigger has a dedicated MIDI port with an integrated opto-isolator, making it easy to connect to any MIDI controller. Tsunami’s MIDI implementation includes control of volume, pitch bend, attack and release times, and the ability to route any MIDI key to any of the output channels, as well as specifying single-shot or looping playback per key.
Note: It is very important to know that this is a 3.3V device, and its inputs – including triggers and serial RX – are not 5V tolerant!
Note: The Tsunami was developed in collaboration with Robertsonics. A portion of each sale goes back to them for product support and continued development.
- Supports up to 4096 uncompressed 16-bit, 44.1kHz mono or stereo WAV files – CD quality
- Polyphonic – Play and mix 32 mono or 18 stereo tracks independently and simultaneously
- 8 audio output channels, can be arranged as 4 stereo outputs. Route any track to any output
- Outputs provide independent real-time playback rate control and MIDI Pitch Bend
- Seamless looping over arbitrary track length
- Trigger-to-sound delay: 8 msecs typ, 12 msecs max
- Pause and resume individual or groups of tracks
- Multiple random trigger ranges
- 16 trigger inputs are individually selectable for contact closure or 3.3Vcontrol
- Trigger inputs can be individually inverted (active low or high)
- Trigger inputs can be individually set to be edge, latched or level sensitive
- Output volumes adjustable from +10dB to -70dB
- Firmware track fades (attacks & decays)
- A dedicated “Play” status digital output pin
- Extensive serial control. Pin compatible with SparkFun FTDI Basic 3.3V
- MIDI Velocity-sensitive triggering of up to 4096 tracks, adjustable attack and release times
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Use Speakers and Amplifiers with Your Project
A popular question that we get all the time is ‘How do I choose a speaker or amplifier to go with my project?’. It’s a good question, and if you’re not familiar with the terminology, it can seem a bit daunting to know whether ...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Sound Effects Button
The idea for this project came when a friend of mine flew over from Western Australia to visit, and during his stopover in Adelaide, he did what any adult would do; visit the airport novelty store and buy some random stuff. It was pretty much all junk, except for this big green dome button which played a different, comic voice saying ‘YES’ every time you pressed it. Simple, but, it entertained us on the drive from Syd...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.