The TTS256 is an 8-bit microprocessor programmed with letter-to-sound rules. This built-in algorithm allows for the automatic real-time translation of English ASCII characters into allophone addresses compatible with the Magnevation SpeakJet Speech Synthesizer IC. Combine this with the SpeakJet to build a complete text-to-speech solution.
The TTS256 is offered in a through-hole, 28-pin package. Supplied power should be +5V. Very few connections are required for operation:
|5||TX (sends serial data to host)|
|18||RX (received serial data from host)||15||Buffer Half Full|
The TTS256 contains over 600 rules for pronouncing English text. While it does a pretty good job of the task, with a less than 5% error rate in most sentences, it will mispronounce some words. Often times, some creative spelling will help.
- Narrow 28-pin DIP
- Companion chip to Magnevation SpeakJet and Savage Innovations SpeakGin
- Built in 600 Rule database
- 9600bps (8-N-1) serial interface (non-inverted TTL level)
- Generates speech codes from ASCII text
- Compatible with Arduino, Basic Stamp, OOPic, Pic, and any processor with serial output
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.