When I was studying power supply electronics in school, the instructor always talked about adding BFC's to the circuit - Big Freakin' Capacitors. This here is UHFC - Unbelievably Huge Freaking Capacitor. If you have a super-cap project that needs up to 630 Farads of capacitance, check it out. Like most super-caps it has a 2.5V-max rated voltage, and remember that unlike a voltage-output battery the voltage drops immediately as it discharges.
You can use this as a stand-in for a battery, its huge but can charge fast and doesn't degrade like NiMH or Li-Ion/LiPoly batteries. Adafruit like to refer to this MAXIM super-cap calculator to figure out how long Adafruit can run a project.
Super capacitors are powerful beasts: the ultra low ESR means that shorting the outputs will create a big spark! Care must be used when working with charged super-caps, these are only for experts who are comfortable with high-current-capable power supplies.
- 2.5V rated maximum voltage. 630 Farads.
- This datasheet covers the DL series, this is the older version of what is now the 700F rated cap so the specs will be similar
- 105mm long x 35mm diameter / 4.1" long x 1.4" diameter
- Weight: 135.2g
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.