The SparkFun PicoBoard Starter Kit is your go-to source to begin learning everything about the SparkFun PicoBoard and the Scratch programming environment. This kit includes your very own PicoBoard, multiple pieces of hardware to get you started, and connecting components to get you hooked up. Using the Scratch programming language, you can easily create simple interactive programs based on the input from sensors. The PicoBoard incorporates a light sensor, sound sensor, a button and a slider, as well as four additional inputs that can sense electrical resistance via included cables.
The on-line Getting Started Guide (found in the Documents section below) contains step by step instructions of how to set up your PicoBoard and how to program it in the Scratch programming environment. We have supplied plenty of detailed images on how to get started.
This kit will not require any soldering and is recommended for all ages interested in getting started with programming. So if you are an educators or even a beginner, the SparkFun Picoboard Starter Kit is a great way to get into the very basics of programming and reading sensors!
Note: The PicoBoard is a derivative work of the Scratch Sensor Board.
- 1x SparkFun PicoBoard
- 1x SparkFun USB Mini-B Cable - 6 Foot
- 1x Hobby Motor - Gear
- 1x Concave Button - Red
- 1x Concave Button - Green
- 1x Toggle Switch
- 1x Rotary Potentiometer - 10k Ohm, Linear
- 1x Force Sensitive Resistor - Square
- 1x Magnet Disk - 0.709"
- 1x Reed Switch - Insulated
- 1x Thermistor 10K
- 4x Tall Silicone Bumpers
- 4x 2.5mm Audio Cable to Dual Alligator Clip
- 10x Alligator Test Leads - Multicolored
- 10x Jumper Wires 6" M/M - 20 AWG
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.