The Intel® Edison is an ultra small computing platform that will change the way you look at embedded electronics. Each Edison is packed with a huge amount of tech goodies into a tiny package while still providing the same robust strength of your go-to single board computer. Powered by the Intel® Atom™ SoC dual-core CPU and including an integrated WiFi, Bluetooth LE, and a 70-pin connector to attach a veritable slew of shield-like “Blocks” which can be stacked on top of each other. It’s no wonder how this little guy is lowering the barrier of entry on the world of electronics!
The on-line Edison SIK Experiment Guide (in the Documents section below) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes fritzing diagrams and the required components.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone with an interest in Internet of Things projects or the Intel® Edison in general.
Note: This product is available for pre-order. We expect to have these built and shipping by February. Adding a pre-order product to an order may cause a delay. Be sure to uncheck ‘ship complete order’ in your cart to avoid delays in shipping in-stock items.
- Circuit 1: Hello, World!
- Circuit 2: Pushing Some Buttons
- Circuit 3: Blinky
- Circuit 4: Email Notifier
- Circuit 5: Web Page
- Circuit 6: RGB LED Phone App
- Circuit 7: Speaker
- Circuit 8: Temperature and Light Logger
- Circuit 9: Weather on an LCD
- Circuit 10: Keyboard
- Circuit 11: Phone Accelerometer
- Circuit 12: Bluetooth Game Controller
- 1x Intel® Edison
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison - Base
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison - GPIO
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison - ADC
- 1x Basic 16x2 Character LCD - White on Black 3.3V
- 1x Mini Photocell
- 1x Temperature Sensor - TMP36
- 1x LED - RGB Diffused Common Anode
- 20x 330 Ω Resistors
- 20x 10k Ω Resistors
- 3x 2N3904 NPN Transistors
- 1x Piezo Speaker
- 1x 10k Trimpot
- 1x USB OTG Cable
- 1x USB microB Cable
- 1x Breadboard
- 1x Intel® Edison Hardware Pack
- 30x Jumper Wires
- Online Experiment Guide
- Intel® Edison Tutorials
- Intel® Edison Product Brief
- Getting Started
- Software Downloads
- Intel® Edison Product Page
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade