The Shapeoko 3 is a heavy duty desktop CNC machine designed to do real work, out of real materials like non-ferrous metals, hardwoods, and plastics. This special SparkFun Edition of the Shapeoko 3 CNC Machine Mechanical Kit includes the base frame and assembly hardware (screws, nuts, pulleys) to build the physical structure of your CNC. If you are looking to build your own custom gantry or wanting to upgrade an existing setup to a bigger platform check out this kit.
This mechanical kit has a cutting area of 425mm x 425 mm x 75mm (16" x 16" x 3") and an overall footprint of 725mm x 600mm (28.5" x 23.6"). It should be emphasized that as this is the Mechanical Kit, it does not include any motors or electronics nor will you find a spindle router, power supply, or control software. If you are looking to purchase a more complete CNC machine, check out our Shapeoko Deluxe Kit.
- Footprint: 725mm x 600mm (28.5" x 23.6")
- Cutting Area: 425mm x 425 mm x 75mm (16" x 16" x 3")
- Motion System: GT2 Belting, 2mm pitch with NEMA23 Motors (Not Included)
- Frame: SparkFun Red 10ga Formed Steel Plates with Aluminum Extrusions
- Recommended Spindle: Dewalt DW611 or Porter Cable 450
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.