This servo extension cable has three 22-AWG wires joining a male Futaba J connector and a female JR connector. Since a female JR connector can be plugged into a male Futaba J connector, each end of the cable is compatible with both Futaba and JR-style connections; this cable will work as an extension cable in either system or as an adapter between systems, and it is compatible with almost all of the RC servos Pololu sell (you can assume Pololu's servos have female JR connectors unless the servo’s product page specifically says otherwise). The connectors have gold-flashed contacts on a 0.1" spacing, and each wire is comprised of 60 strands, making this cable more flexible than standard servo cables.
Note: The cable’s female connector is the same as what is found on most generic servos and fits nicely with 0.1" male headers, but is often referred to as “male” in the RC hobby industry. Likewise, the cable’s male connector is often referred to as “female” in the hobby industry because of the outer shroud, even though it internally consists of three male pins. The pictures below show the cable connectors labeled with Pololu's gender convention.
These male-to-female cables are available in two styles: flat, with wires stuck together side by side, and twisted, with wires twisted around each other to decrease electromagnetic interference (EMI). The twisted versions are especially soft and flexible. These cables are also available in two lengths: 12", and 24".
Servo cable color convention
- brown or black = ground (GND, battery negative terminal)
- red = servo power (Vservo, battery positive terminal)
- orange, yellow, white, or blue = servo control signal line
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.