Do you have a good understanding of various sensors or need a variety of them for a project? This kit includes a sensor for just about every job. With everything included in this kit, you’ll be able to sense acceleration, distance, compass heading, vibration, humidity, movement, ambient light, temperature, and more! These are our favorite sensors from each category.
This new version of the kit has updated the MMA8452Q breakout with the newest revision! Check out the Includes section below for a complete list of what is included in this kit.
This huge assortment of sensors makes an amazing gift for that very special electronics geek; they won’t be able to thank you enough!
- Triple Axis Magnetometer Breakout - HMC5883L - An accurate, simple-to-use digital magnetometer with an I2C interface.
- Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout - MMA8452Q - Senses acceleration along all three axes, with a range of up to ±3g. Fully analog interface.
- Triple-Axis Digital-Output Gyro ITG-3200 Breakout - Senses angular velocity along three axes of rotation. Fully digital interface with a range of up to ±2000°/s.
- Large Piezo Vibration Sensor - With Mass - A flexible film able to sense for vibration, touch, shock, etc. When the film moves back and forth an AC wave is created, with a voltage of up to ±90.
- Reed Switch - Senses magnetic fields, makes for a great non-contact switch.
- 0.25" Magnet Square - Plays nicely with the reed switch. Embed the magnet into stuffed animals or inside a box to create a hidden actuator to the reed switch.
- 0.5" Force Sensitive Resistor - A force sensing resistor with a 0.5" diameter sensing area. Great for sensing pressure (i.e. if it’s being squeezed).
- PIR Motion Sensor - Easy-to-use motion detector with an analog interface. Power it with 5-12VDC, and you’ll be alerted of any movement.
- Ultrasonic Rangefinder - Maxbotix LV-EZ1 - Distance sensor with both analog and RS-232 interfaces, providing sonar range information from 6 to 254 inches.
- HTU21D Humidity Sensor Breakout - A high precision humidity sensor with an analog output.
- IR Receiver Breakout Board - An analog interfaced IR receiver, sensitive to a wide range of IR waves. Great for ‘listening’ to TV remotes.
- Mini Photocell - The photocell will vary its resistance based on how much light it’s exposed to. Will vary from 1kΩ in the light to 10kΩ in the dark.
- Optical Detector/Phototransistor - An all-in-one infrared emitter and detector. Ideal for sensing black-to-white transitions or can be used to detect nearby objects.
- Altitude/Pressure Sensor - MPL3115A2 Breakout - Low power, high precision barometric pressure sensor with I2C output.
- Flex Sensor - As the sensor is flexed, the resistance across the sensor increases. Useful for sensing motion or positioning
- SoftPot - These are very thin variable potentiometers. By pressing on various positions along the strip, you vary the resistance.
- Resistor 10K Ohm 1/6th Watt PTH - 20 Pack - 1/6th Watt, +/- 5% tolerance PTH resistors. Commonly used in breadboards and perf boards, these 10K resistors make excellent pull-ups, pull-downs, and current limiters.
- Resistor 1.0M Ohm 1/6 Watt PTH - Two 1/6th Watt, +/- 5% tolerance PTH resistors. Commonly used in breadboards and perf boards
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.