The RN-41 Bluetooth module is designed to replace serial cables; the Bluetooth stack is completely encapsulated. Using the TX and RX pins, the end user just deals with serial bytes: press the “A” character from a terminal program on your computer and an “A” will be pushed out the TX pin of the Bluetooth module. For computers that do not already have Bluetooth radios, you can use a USB-to-serial adapter to connect the Bluetooth module to a computer.
Warning: The RN-41 is a 3.3 V device. Attaching it directly to a computer’s RS-232-voltage-level serial port will break it. External components (such as voltage dividers) are required when interfacing with 5 V systems.
- Fully-qualified Bluetooth module
- FCC certified
- Fully-configurable UART
- UART data rates up to 3 Mbps
- Over-air data rate of 721 kbps to 2.0 Mbps
- Low power sleep mode
- Compatible with Bluetooth products that support SPP
- Includes support for BCSP, DUN, LAN, GAP SDP, RFCOMM, and L2CAP protocols
- 3.3 V operation
- Status pin
- Bluetooth technology v2.0 compatible
- Class 1 power output
- Firmware version 6.15
Note: SparkFun calls this product the “Bluetooth Module Breakout – Roving Networks (RN-41)”, SKU: WRL-12579. This product replaces the module with firmware version 4.77, which has SparkFun SKU WRL-10144.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade