Gotta say - this new Pi 3 is fly. All the cool kids are going to have it - but all the coolest kids are also going to have a big pack of super cool accessories.
Adafruit have hand chosen these accessories as the perfect accompaniment to your new Raspberry Pi 3 - Model B. It's everything you need to get going with a high quality power supply, Raspbian 8G NOOBs SD card (newly updated to work on the Pi 3), lovely case, handy console cable, and lots of prototyping essentials. It's a great jumping off point for the rest of Adafruit's extensive accessory and pack collection.
Note: Keep in mind that the form of the Pi 3 didn't change much so many of the important accessories haven't changed. The big changes are the built-in WiFi, on board Bluefruit Low Energy, and of course 50% more speeeeeeeed!
This pack DOES NOT include a Raspberry Pi 3 Computer!
This pack contains:
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case - Smoke Base / Clear Top - we think it's the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Case Ever. This will still work with your Pi 3.
- Adafruit Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus - This is the soldered together version of Adafruit's popularPi Cobbler Plus Kit. Comes with a breakout board that's perfect for cobbling prototypes as well as a 40-pin GPIO cable for your Pi's pins. Still works with the Pi 3.
- Full Size Breadboard - In the past, Adafruit have used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects - but no longer! WIth 40 pins to break out, you're going to need some space - and that's why Adafruit are including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6" (150mm) - These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- USB to TTL Serial Cable - An old standby, this cable's pretty much the easiest way to connect your Raspberry Pi to a USB port to log into the debugging/login console. Ideal for running the Pi 'headless'
- 8 GB SD Card pre-installed with Raspbian Jessie - 8GB microSDHC card programmed with the latest Raspberry Pi Jessie distribution. This SD card contains the March 18th 2016 version of Jessie, updated to include the latest support for the Pi 3 w/Wifi
- 5V 2.4A Switching Power Supply w/ 6' MicroUSB Cable - The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord. Note: As of March 28th, 2016 Adafruit have updated Adafruit's power supply to be 5V 2.4A.
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi Badge - Now that you're getting started, show off your Pi Pride with this beautifully embroidered, jewel toned, iron-on badge.
- BONUS PARTS! Everyone loves bonuses so they include some parts that will get you through some of the tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System. These include:
- 1x Photo Cell
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 1x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor - 1.0uF
- 1x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 1x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.