Around the edges are female headers and 3.5mm screw-terminal blocks for breakout pins, making it easy to temporarily connect wires and LEDs. There is also a 4 block terminal block Because of the Pi 2's higher profile, some header extensions are included so that the Pi's USB ports don't obstruct the shield when placed on top.
Note: Raspberry Pi and Shield can't be powered simultaneously.
- A big prototyping area, half of which is 'breadboard' style and half of which is 'perfboard' style so you can wire up DIP chips, sensors, and the like.
- Along the edges of the proto area, all the GPIO/I2C/SPI and power pins are broken out to 0.1" stips so you can easily connect to them.
- On the edges of the prototyping area, all of the breakout pins are also connected to labeled 3.5mm screw-terminal blocks. This makes it easy to semi-permanently wire in sensors, LEDs, etc.
- There's also a 4-block terminal block broken out to 0.1" pads for general non-GPIO wiring.
- A SOIC and a TSSOP surface mount chip breakout area, for those chips that dont come in DIP format.
- Comptiable EEPROM chip: AT24C08BN-SP25-T
- POWER LED indicator
- Prototyping Shield for Raspberry Pi x1
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade