The TAZ 5 3D printer is a large size, high-performance 3D printer from Aleph Objects. If you are a seasoned 3D printer looking for a printer that is reliable, upgradable and produces impressive prints every time, the Taz 5 is for you. This 3D printer provides you with a range of features and filament options that will allow you to have consistent, higher quality prints although, it comes pretty bare bones; not featuring the auto-bed leveling upgrade of the Taz 6 that everyone has come to love.
The TAZ 5 features tetherless printing via the SD card slot on the control panel as well as the USB tethered printing option. The entire printer is independently controllable with the graphical LCD controller screen wheel too. It boasts a 298mm x 275mm x 250mm print area with a heated bed giving you the ability to print in a range of sizes!
What filaments can it print with? As a LulzBot user, you'll have many filaments options, going well beyond the common plastics like PLA, ABS, and HIPS. The TAZ 5 comes with the LulzBot Hexagon hot end, which is capable of extrusion temperatures up to 300°C (572°F)!. This isn’t to mention the capabilities you can add to your printer with a flexy, dual or flexy dually tool head (all of which are compatible with the Taz 5 design). These tool heads add exotic filament options like the rubber-like (Ninja Flex) materials to your printer arsenal and installation is a breeze with Lulzbot’s OHAI library.
All LulzBot products are built on an Open Source Hardware platform, this means that you can adopt the latest and greatest technology being developed across the 3D printing market for your Taz 5. These options include newer filament materials, the ability to use the modeling software of your choice, new accessories like hot ends and print surfaces for your printers—it's so great to have user freedom with your printer! LulzBot’s Libre/Open philosophy empowers you to download/print upgrades and replacement parts for your 3D printer, and design & create whatever modifications work for you!
Note: Printing NinjaFlex and other flexible filaments require an optional print head, you can find that tool head here. Also, 3D printing with carbon fiber filaments is not recommended at this time, due to carbon fiber filaments’ tendency degrade both the nozzle and hot end of the LulzBot TAZ 5 Tool Head, that isn't to say it's impossible! We're just letting you know you might be up for replacement hot ends if you decide to do it.
- Printer Dimensions: 680mm x 520mm x 515mm
- Weight: 11kg
- Print Surface: Heated borosilicate glass bed covered. The print surface is covered in a PEI sheet, which helps your prints adhere to the bed and also can be replaced.
- Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in)
- Print Volume: 20,500cm3 of usable space
- Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec
- Print Tolerance: 0.05mm - 0.35mm in the X and Y axes. Z axis tolerance is dependent on layer thickness
- Layer Thickness: 0.075mm to 0.35mm
- Currently Supported Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, wood filled filaments, Polyester (Tritan), PETT, Polycarbonate, Nylon, bronze and copper filled filaments, PETG, conductive PLA and ABS, UV luminescent filaments, PCTPE, and PC-ABS
- Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (2.85mm)
- Maximum Operating Temperature:
- Extruder - 300°C
- Heated Bed - 120°C
- TAZ 5 3D printer and Australian 24V DC power supply
- LulzBot Hexagon Hot End Tool Head with 0.5mm Nozzle
- A Quick Setup Guide
- Filament Feed tube
- Toolkit bag
- 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Standard Precision Knife
- Dental Pick
- Flathead Bristle Brush
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
- Complete documentation for everything Taz 5. This includes a detailed user manual that covers everything from setup to printing terms right through to starting your first print.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Your First Print with a Lulzbot 3D Printer
Once you receive and unbox your Lulzbot machine you might be so eager to print things, you skip a few steps in the setup process and all of a sudden you are having all sorts of difficulties that you can’t understand. It happens, what you need i...
- Remote 3D Printing with OctoPi
Remote control of your 3D printer is a particularly appealing concept, especially if you've been forced into printing via USB in the past. Using your new 3D printer should be as simple as plugging it in, uploading some G-Code and pressing 'Print'. Ho...
- How 3D Printing Works
3D Printing is one of the ways we can turn virtual 3-dimensional models into real world objects. It is an Additive manufacturing (AM) process, building models layer by layer. AM is the opposite of subtractive manufacturing which takes a block of mate...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Broken Door Trim Clips
I recently picked up a used BMW E46 and noticed the door panel trims were all hanging on by some duct tape. When I went to inspect, I noticed that all the clips had been broken and replaced with silicone rubber to try and hold it to the door. With some CAD and 3d Printing, I set out to replace them all and restore my door panels to their former glory....
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.