No, this kit won’t help you scan for Larsons. The Larson Scanner kit is actually named after Glen A. Larson, the man responsible for producing both the original Battlestar Galactica and Knight Rider television shows. Why? Look at the thing: it has KITT written all over it! Or Cylon… if that’s your thing.
This easy-to-solder kit incorporates 9 large diffused LEDs and an ATtiny2313 microcontroller to create that awesome sweeping light effect from your favorite sci-fi shows. The microcontroller is pre-programmed, so you don’t need to code or program anything if you don’t want to! If you do want to do some hacking, though, the source code is available as well as all of the design files.
This is a great kit to get started with soldering because there are no surface mount components, it’s also a great way to add blinkiness to your Halloween costume… or, like, you’re favorite tie.
- 1 x Larson Scanner PCB
- 9 x 16Ohm Resistors
- 1 x .1uF Capacitor
- 1 x Pushbutton Switch
- 1 x ATtiny2313A Microcontroller
- 1 x AA Battery Holder with Switch
- 9 x 10mm Diffused Red LEDs
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.