"This is Adafruit's world now… the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud." - The Mentor, The Hacker's Manifesto
Hackers is a thriller about a group of teen computer jockeys starring Dade (Jonny Lee Miller) and Kate (Angelina Jolie, in her first leading role in a feature film) who find themselves wrapped up in corporate extortion, and have to use their elite computer skills to bail themselves out of trouble and to catch the criminals.
In vivacious downtown New York City, Dade, Kate, and their crew of cyberpunk outsiders go up against The Plague (Fisher Stevens) and a mega-corporation in a digital wild-wild-west style showdown. The tempo is very hyper and energetic set by the fast cuts of editors Martin Walsh (V for Vendetta) and Chris Blunden.
Iain Softley’s Hackers is one of the most culturally influential movies of the generation. Taking place in the early-to-mid 1990’s the costume design by Roger Burton expertly captures the aesthetic of a tech-geek subculture which has been slurped up by fashion giants such as Zac Posen and Alexander Wang.
The soundtrack, put together by music supervisor Bob Last, is full of gods of techno and house music which, then, were just genres pitted in underground movements in Chicago and Detroit.
- Brand-new interviews with director Iain Softley, cast members Fisher Stevens and Penn Jillette, VFX artist Peter Chiang, wardrobe designer Roger Burton, hacking consultants Emmanuel Goldstein and Nicholas Jarecki, film critic Mark Kermode and more!
- 1x disc
- Run-time: 105min
- Aspect ratio: 2.35:1 (21:9)
- Widescreen (wider than 16x9)
- Language/Subtitles: English
- Rating: PG-13
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.