Are you ready to create advanced hardware and sensor projects? You’re ready for the power of the Intel Galileo. Developed as a collaboration between Intel and Arduino, the Galileo lets you sketch out your hardware concepts, create electronic circuits, write code to control them, and make your ideas a reality.
This book provides step-by-step instruction on writing Arduino sketches for the Galileo, and also takes you into the Linux capabilities that set this powerful development platform apart from other Arduino boards.
While new users will get going with Galileo, experienced developers will enjoy pushing its Pentium-class CPU to the limits. This powerful development platform, with x86 compatibility, USB, Mini PCI Express, and Ethernet, lets you build faster and more powerful microcontroller projects.
With Getting Started with Intel Galileo, you’ll learn how to:
- Move beyond Arduino fundamentals
- Connect components like resistors, LEDs, sensors, and motors
- Boot Linux off an SD card for more features, such as SSH and WiFi support
- Serve web pages from Arduino to Python code
The Galileo is a powerful board for working out ideas for electronic projects. Makers call it “sketching with hardware.” Once you’ve read Getting Started with Intel Galileo, you’ll call it creative freedom.
- Author: Matt Richardson
- Publisher: Maker Media, Inc.
- Paperback: 179 pages
- ISBN-10: 1-457-18308-9
- ISBN-13: 978-1-457-18308-9
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.