Forrest M. Mims III has written more than sixty books about science, lasers, computers, and electronics. In 1993, He received a prestigious Rolex Award for a simple instrument that he developed to measure the ozone layer. He is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the National Science Teachers Association, the Texas Academy of Science and many scientific organizations. When this guy put together a set of electronics reference books, we were excited to get them. The Engineer’s Mini Notebook series is a set of four handbooks that lay out, in plain language, the foundation of electrical and electronic knowledge. Our engineer’s here at SparkFun cited several things in these books that they remembered learning in school, stuff that turned out being really useful.
In Electronic Sensor Circuits & Projects you’ll learn about important sensors like solar cells, photoresistors, thermistors, hall-effect devices, and magnet switches. Then use these sensors to build circuits and projects that respond to heat, pressure, light, touch, water, strain, lightning and magnets. You can even make a circuit that detects the presence of the cursor on your computer screen and the position of a compass needle.
- Author: Forrest M. Mims III
- Publisher: Master Publishing, Inc.
- Paperback: 144 pages
- ISBN-10: 0945053312
- ISBN-13: 978-0945053316
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.