The STA540 from STMicro is a 4-channel, class AB audio amplifier designed for high quality sound applications. The four independent channels makes this amplifier a great choice for a number of projects, with needs ranging from four speakers stereo (F/R) to two-speaker bridge solutions. The chip accepts a voltage supply ranging from 8 to 22VDC and has very high output power capability.
This chip comes in a staggered-lead Multiwatt-15 package. While our breakout board for the L298N isn’t designed for it specifically, it will breakout out all pins of the STA540 to a more standard single row of 0.1" pitch headers. Also, keep an eye out for some upcoming amplifier products based on this chip!
It works great with the 6400BG Heatsink!
- High output power capability
- Standby function (CMOS compatible)
- Minimum external components count:
- no bootstrap capacitors
- no Boucherot cells
- internally fixed gain 20 dB
- No audible pop during standby operations
- Diagnostic facilities:
- clip detector
- output to GND short-circuit detector
- output to VS short-circuit detector
- soft short-circuit check at turn-on
- thermal shutdown warning
- Output AC/DC short circuit protection
- Soft short-circuit check at turn-on
- Thermal cutoff/limiter to prevent chip from overheating
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.