CtrlM is an infrared transmitter that works with FreeMs to wirelessly program and control BlinkMs from long distances. It converts BlinkM commands sent over I2C through a LinkM or Arduino into infrared commands that are converted back to the original commands by FreeMs, eliminating the need for conductive cabling.
Its ultra bright, narrow beam infrared LED allows FreeMs to be controlled 45 feet (14 m) away, but can be easily modified to accommodate an external power supply for much greater range, while minimizing interference with other infrared devices.
- Wireless I2C controller for all BlinkM products up to 45 feet (14m) away.
- Supports all BlinkM I2C commands.
- When used with FreeM, CtrlM acts as one end of “virtual wire” connecting a LinkM USB adapter or Arduino to BlinkMs mounted in locations where data cabling is impossible or undesirable.
- 20-degree broadcast angle
- 16ft (5m) diameter projection at 45ft (14m).
- One CtrlM can control any number of FreeMs, which can each control an arbitrary number of BlinkM devices.
- Can be reprogrammed to communicate arbitrary infrared protocols.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.