This is the same product as the OBD-II UART. The difference is this version comes with the appropriate cable in fancy clamshell packaging and is meant for our distributors that need it. Regular customers are welcome to order, but we want to limit the amount of extra packaging finding its way into the trash heap.
This board allows you to interface with your car’s OBD-II bus. It provides you a serial interface using the ELM327 command set and supports all major OBD-II standards such as CAN and JBUS. The board also provides a footprint which mates directly to our FTDI Basic or a Bluetooth Mate. The DB9 connector mates with our DB9 to OBD-II cable listed below.
On-Board Diagnostics, Second Generation (OBD-II) is a set of standards for implementing a computer based system to control emissions from vehicles. It was first introduced in the United States in 1994, and became a requirement on all 1996 and newer US vehicles. Other countries, including Canada, parts of the European Union, Japan, Australia, and Brazil adopted similar legislation. A large portion of the modern vehicle fleet supports OBD-II or one of its regional flavors.
Among other things, OBD-II requires that each compliant vehicle be equipped with a standard diagnostic connector (DLC) and describes a standard way of communicating with the vehicle’s computer, also known as the ECU (Electronic Control Unit). A wealth of information can be obtained by tapping into the OBD bus, including the status of the malfunction indicator light (MIL), diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), inspection and maintenance (I/M) information, freeze frames, VIN, hundreds of real-time parameters, and more.
STN1110 is an OBD to UART interpreter that can be used to convert messages between any of the OBD-II protocols currently in use, and UART. It is fully compatible with the de facto industry standard ELM327 command set. Based on a 16-bit processor core, the STN1110 offers more features and better performance than any other ELM327 compatible IC.
- Fully compatible with the ELM327 AT command set
- Extended ST command set
- UART interface (baud rates from 38 bps to 10 Mbps)
- Secure bootloader for easy firmware updates
- Support for all legislated OBD II protocols:
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- SAE J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Support for non-legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO 15765
- ISO 11898 (raw CAN)
- Support for SAE J1939 OBD protocol
- Superior automatic protocol detection algorithm
- Large memory buffer
- Voltage input for battery monitoring
- OBD-II UART Board
- OBDII to DB9 Cable
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.