Replacement:WRL-12575. The firmware on this Roving Networks product has been updated from version 4.77 to the 6.15 version. Go check it out! This page is for reference only.
This module from Roving Networks is powerful, small, and very easy to use. This Bluetooth module is designed to replace serial cables. The Bluetooth****stack is completely encapsulated. The end user just sees serial characters being transmitted back and forth. Press the ‘A’ character from a terminal program on your computer and an ‘A’ will be pushed out the TX pin of the Bluetooth module.
Note: These modules have been revised to remove three unused RF pads from the bottom of the module. For more information on what pads were removed and why, check out the change notes below.
- Fully qualified Bluetooth****module
- FCC Certified
- Fully configurable UART
- UART Data rates up to 3Mbps
- Over air data rate of 721kbps to 2.0Mbps
- Low power sleep mode
- Compatible with all Bluetooth****products that support SPP (almost all do)
- Includes support for BCSP, DUN, LAN, GAP SDP, RFCOMM, and L2CAP protocols
- 3.3V operation
- Status pin
- Bluetooth****Technology v2.0 compatible
- Class 1 power output
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.