Introducing the BITalino, a (comparatively) low cost biomedical data acquisition dev board that allows you to create projects using physiological sensors and tools. Each BITalino is presented in a “ProtoSnap style” making it able to be programmed as a whole board or snapped apart for use in future projects. This dev board also has no shortage of programming APIs which include Python, Java, Android, and more.
The BITalino is equipped with nine removable “blocks” which can be used straight out-of-the-box and include an MCU, Bluetooth, Power, EMG, EDA, ECG, Accelerometer, LED, and Light Sensor! At the heart of this dev board is the tried and true ATMega328 micro-controller that can be configured with a sampling rate up to 1000Hz and capable of supporting six analog inputs (four at 10-bit, two at 6-bit), four digital inputs, and four digital outputs. With the attached BC417 Bluetooth module, triaxial MEMS accelerometer, and physiological sensor inputs will find it difficult to run out of ideas for projects.
In the Documents section below you will will find a link for OpenSignals, a new software that empowers your BITalino. OpenSignals allows you to playback your previously recorded sessions and zoom in and out of specific periods, plug in architecture available for future optional add-ons to help you analyze your signals, customize transfer function definitions, and more.
Note: The BITalino only communicates via Bluetooth with your computer.
Included on the Board:
- Micro-Controller Block
- Power Block
- Electromyography Block (EMG)
- Electrodermal Activity Block (EDA)
- Electrocardiogram Block (ECG)
- Lux Block
- Accelerometer Block
- Bluetooth Block
- LED Block
- 1x BITalino Board
- 1x 3-lead accessory (for EMG / ECG)
- 1x 2-lead accessory (for EDA)
- 5x Pre-gelled electrodes
- 1x Li-Po Battery (3.7V, 500mAh)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.