The ARF is Ciseco's new higher power RF module for even greater range than the excellent XRF. It can be used in point to point and multipoint applications. It has the same easy to use transparent serial function as Ciseco's very popular XRF. The ARF has a new style foot print where the device can be used with or without pins. The module is a combination of the SRF (with serial firmware) and a high power amplifier to give ultimate range. The ARF like the whole family can talk to ERF, URF, SRF, XRF etc.
The device can be SMT/SMD surface mounted or you can solder on 2 x 2mm single in line 10 way male headers (a pair are supplied with the ARF) this gives you a module that can be pluged into an XRF/XBee style interface. It works really well in Ciseco's USB interface which has a knock out in the back panel for an SMA pigtail which can be found here. You can buy an appropriate u.Fl to SMA pigtail here.
It will work between 868-915Mhz (default config is 868.3Mhz), there is no 315/433 option for the power amp from the manufacturer.
Ships with a u.FL connector soldered on the board. NOTE: This device needs an anteanna.
- You can use u.FL pigtail to an antenna (http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/d047-u-fl-to-sma-pigtail/)
- You can solder on an end shot SMA connector (http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/sma-pcb-straight-end-launch/).
- You can solder on a simple 82mm wire whip (just add 8.2cm wire to antenna port,pictures are here)
Ciseco's haven't yet had time to test the ultimate range of these devices. When used with an XRF the gain overall is around 10db, using an ARF at both ends will give the greatest range (expected to be 10's Km's).
At this power you need to be very aware of your local legislation on power output and duty cycle. Adding large gain parabolic antennas might get you beyond 100Km but to Ciseco's knowledge this will exceed the limits set out in all countries, so don't do it.
- Improved range on the XRF
- Supplied with headers that can be mounted so it fits on XRF/XBee style inbterface
- Made in the UK
Dimensions: 33.5mm x 24.5mm x 3.5mm
None yet available
There are currently no projects associated with this item.
Related or associated products
u.FL to SMA pigtail - http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/d047-u-fl-to-sma-pigtail/
SMA PCB Straight end launch - http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/sma-pcb-straight-end-launch/
Explorer Plus - http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/explorer-plus-5-in-1-usb-interface-for-xbee-xrf-rfu-etc-exp/
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.