The XTend Modem packs a ton of RF punch into a small, low-power, easy-to-use, and reliable module. Outdoors, with line-of-sight, this module can communicate at up to 40 miles; indoors it can still do up to 3000ft. The module transfers a standard asynchronous serial data stream, operates within the ISM 900MHz frequency band and sustains up to 115.2kbps data throughput. The module comes with an attached RPSMA antenna connector.
The XTend module utilizes FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) agility to avoid interference by hopping to a new frequency on every packet transmission or re-transmission. Its transmit power is software adjustable from 1mW to 1W—the maximum output power allowable by governments that use 900MHz as a license-free band. The XTend module is approved for use in the United States, Canada, Australia and other countries (contact Digi for a complete listing).
No configuration is necessary for out-of-the-box RF communication. The XTend module’s default configuration supports a wide range of data system applications. Advanced configurations can be implemented using simple AT or binary commands.
We now have a breakout board for this module!
Not sure which XBee module or accessory is right for you? Check out our XBee Buying Guide!
Note: Due to manufacturer’s restrictions in other countries, we can only ship these to the USA and Canada. Sorry world!
- Supply voltage: 2.8 - 5.5VDC regulated
- Frequency band: 902 - 928MHz
- Serial data interface: 3V - 5V CMOS UART - No configuration required
- Transmit current: 730 mA (@ 5V, 1W TX Power Output)
- Receive current: 80 mA (@ 5V, 1W TX Power Output)
- Indoor/Urban range (w/ 2.1 dB dipole antenna): Up to 3000 feet (900 m)
- Outdoor RF line-of-sight range (w/high gain antenna): Up to 40 miles (64 km)
- Transmit power output (software selectable): 1mW - 1W (0 - 30 dBm)
- Throughput data rate (software selectable): 9,600 or 115,200 bps
- RPSMA antenna connection
- Size: 1.44 x 2.38 x 0.20" (3.65 x 6.05 x 0.51 cm)
- Weight: 0.64 oz (18 g)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.