This is the Pro (higher-power) version of the popular XBee! This module is series #1 (802.15.4 protocol) 60mW wireless module, good for point-to-point, multipoint and convertible to a mesh network point. These are much more powerful than the plain XBee modules, great for when you need more range.
What Adafruit like about the Series 1 modules is that they are so easy to get set up. If you have two in range, they will automatically form a serial link with no configuration, so you can send TTL serial data back and forth. You can also configure the baudrate, as well as sleep modes, power modes and tons more stuff using the Digi XBee tool.
The pins on an XBee are 2mm spacing, not 0.1" so they will not fit into a breadboard. For that reason, they work best in Adafruit's XBee adapter module kit (which has a 250mA 3.3V regulator) or with the USB XBee adapter.
This module comes with a wire antenna, its the same price as a chip antenna but 50% more range because of the improved antenna, awesome!
- TX Peak Current: 250mA
- RX Current: 55 mA (@3.3 V)
- Power-down Current: < 10 μA
- Dimensions: 27mm x 33mm x 9mm (1in x 0.9in x 0.3in)
- 4g ( 0.15oz)
For all technical issues, replacement and warranty assistance for Xbee products from Digi, visit the support center, email [email protected] or submit an online support request. You can also: U.S. & Canada: 877-912-3444 / Worldwide: +1 952-912-3456
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.