The smallest, most powerful, and most versatile GPS receiver we carry just got more powerful.The Venus638FLPx is the successor to the Venus634LPx and has improved sensitivity and a faster update rate. The new module can be configured to an amazingly powerful 20Hz update rate. With 29mA operating current and high sensitivity, this receiver seriously opens new doors for tracking. Module outputs the standard NMEA-0183 or SkyTraq Binary sentences at a default rate of 9600bps (adjustable to 115200bps).
The Venus638FLPx has improved sensitivity, an integrated LNA (with multipath detection and suppression), built-in RTC, and integrated single power supply making it very simple to use.
Not sure which GPS module is right for you? Check out our GPS Buying Guide!
- 20Hz Update rate
- -148dBm cold start sensitivity
- -165dBm tracking sensitivity
- 29 second cold start TTFF
- 3.5 second TTFF with AGPS
- 1 second hot start
- 2.5m accuracy
- Multipath detection and suppression
- Jamming detection and mitigation
- SBAS (WAAS / EGNOS) support
- 67mW full power navigation
- Works directly with active or passive antenna
- Supports external SPI flash memory data logging
- IC 32M Serial Flash Memory
- Complete receiver in 10mm x 10mm x 1.3mm size
- Contains LNA, SAW Filter, TCXO, RTC Xtal, LDO
- Can be powered by a 3.7V LiPo battery (or any 3.5 - 12V supply) through the JST connector or 3.3V regulated supply.
Dimensions: 1.25 x 0.75 inches
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
- How to use GPS with Arduino - Parse and Log NMEA Sentences
Now that you know How GPS Receivers work we can apply that understanding to some real-world application of the idea. To get going, we can use any GPS receiver, an Arduino Uno and some male-to-female Jumper cables. We've chosen to go with Adafrui...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade