This touch controller set is a quick and easy way to control a bunch of Adafruit's 12V analog RGB LED strip. The box part contains power driver circuitry and a capacitive touch interface. By wiring the analog strip to the box you can easily adjust the color with the touch wheel-- perfect for mounting on the wall.
The box has a few 'programs' built in, such as rainbow fading and a really obnoxious colorful blinking effect. However, you'll probably end up being very happy with the basic control system that the dial allows. You can turn it on or off by pressing the power button, change through programmable modes, and select the color using the scrolling color wheel. The controller remembers what the last setting is/was when power is lost.
This package contains just the wired controller box. You'll likely want to pick up a few other items to complete the project:
- Solderless Analog RGB LED Strip Clip Sampler or 4-pin euro terminal block allows connecting the LED strip without soldering
- 12V 5A power adapter is perfect for driving any of Adafruit's LED strips! It can drive up to 5 meters of the 60 LED/meter strip
- JST Plugs and JST Receptacles - for quick connecting LED strip segments.
- 2.1mm barrel jack adapter will let you solderlessly connect the 12V power adapter to the RGB controller box.
- LED strips! You can use this with Adafruit's 60 LED/meter RGB, 30 LED/meter RGB or 60 LED/meter warm white.
- Working temperature: -20 to 60°C
- Control Box Dimensions: 86mm x 86mm x 37mm
- Strip power voltage: 12-24VDC
- 3 Channel output, 4 Amps per channel (12 Amps total)
- For common anode LED strips
- 100 brightness levels
- 64 Color selectable wheel
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- What Are NeoPixel LEDs?
So in case you haven’t heard yet, digital LEDs are the go-to solution for any project that uses RGB LEDs and you want to avoid the rat's nest that ensures when using multiple RGB LEDs, each colour requiring its own connection. Digital...
- What Are DotStar LEDs?
So in case you haven’t heard yet, digital LEDs are the go-to solution for any project that uses RGB LEDs and you want to avoid the rat's nest that ensures when using multiple RGB LEDs, each colour requiring its own connection. Digitally address...
- All About LEDs
Hello and welcome to our tutorial where we a look at all things LED. Now first of all, what is an LED? LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and is an electronic component used to convert electrical energy to light energy. This process is called electr...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.