The Tamiya 72008 4-Speed Worm Gearbox kit includes one brushed DC motor and all the gears and parts to build any of the four possible gear ratio configurations: 84:1, 216:1, 555.4:1, 1428.2:1 . The four gear ratio options give you the flexibility to choose the best speed and torque for your project.
|Tamiya 72008 4-Speed Worm Gearbox Kit|
The kit includes step-by-step illustrated instructions in both Japanese and English. A scanned copy of the instructions is available on the Pictures tab. The kit can be built with just a screwdriver, but the instructions recommend having side cutters, pliers, and a modeling knife on hand.
This gearbox has a 4 mm diameter, round output shaft, which works with the wheels that are compatible with Tamiya 4 mm, round shafts and Pololu's 4 mm universal mounting hub. Pololu's 3 mm universal mounting hub also fits on the smaller threaded end of the shaft, although it is not specifically intended to work with this type of shaft (the hub’s set screw could damage the thread on the shaft).
The low-voltage motor in this gearbox runs on 1.5-4.5 volts and draws up to a few amps when stalled, making it compatible with Pololu's DRV8833 motor driver carrier if appropriate precautions are taken to avoid stalling the motor.
- One type 260 motor. For motor specs, see the Mabuchi motor RE-260 (#2295) data sheet (59k pdf).
- Four different gear ratios:
- Worm gear (locks the output shaft when the motor is not turning)
- 4 mm round output shaft (length: 100 mm) compatible with Tamiya wheels for 4 mm, round shafts and Pololu's 4 mm universal mounting hub.
- Assorted cranks
Note: The Tamiya 72008 4-Speed Worm Gearbox is a kit; assembly is required.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.