The MicroView is an amazingly small, Arduino compatible, OLED display module that everyone seems to be clamoring for. The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for MicroView provides you not only with the MicroView module and its programmer but everything you need to hook up and experiment with multiple electronic circuits! With the MicroView SIK you will be able to complete 11 circuits that will teach you how to write code, read sensors, drive motors, and more while still being able to display information on the MicroView’s built in OLED screen. You won’t need any previous programming or electronics experience to use this kit but it is helpful to have an understanding of the Arduino IDE.
The on-line MicroView SIK Digital Guide (in the Documents section below) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone comfortable reading code libraries or if you have used the original SparkFun Inventor’s Kit and are looking for the next step in programming education.
- Circuit 1: Blinking an LED
- Circuit 2: Reading a Potentiometer
- Circuit 3: RGB LED
- Circuit 4: Push Buttons
- Circuit 5: Photo Resistors
- Circuit 6: Temperature Sensors
- Circuit 7: Servo Motors
- Circuit 8: Piezo Buzzer
- Circuit 9: Spinning a Motor
- Circuit 10: Relays
- Circuit 11: Soft Potentiometer
- SparkFun MicroView - OLED Arduino Module
- SparkFun MicroView - USB Programmer
- USB Cable Extension - 1.5 Foot
- White Solderless Breadboard
- 74HC595 Shift Register
- 2N2222 Transistors
- 1N4148 Diodes
- DC Motor with Gear
- Small Servo
- SPDT 5V Relay
- TMP36 Temp Sensor
- Jumper Wires
- RGB LED
- Red & Yellow LEDs
- 10K Trimpot
- Piezo Speaker
- Big 12mm Button
- 330 and 10K Resistors
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.