The ShiftBar is a medium-power RGB LED controller, capable of powering three channels of LEDs from 10mA to 150mA and from 5V to 17V. It’s ideal for many common-anode RGB LED bars, such as the Satellite Module 001. It uses the same A6281 controller as the ShiftBrite, with daisy-chainable SPI communication that is simple to use with any microcontroller. Each channel is controlled with its own 10-bit PWM register and 7-bit current control register. A trim potentiometer allows the user to adjust overall current limiting to any desired maximum.
The ShiftBar includes six screw terminal headers for wiring your own LEDs, as well as independent power. It also has two 6-pin headers that bring power and communications into and out of the device. Chains longer than four ShiftBars at maximum current should have power attached periodically, to counteract voltage drop along the power wires of a long chain.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.