Get your PIC or other uC talking to your computer fast and easy with this board! This is a small custom PCB developed to connect the UART on a microcontroller directly to the computer without the hassle of a MAX232 circuit. Almost all current computers (less than 10 years old) utilize a serial port based on the EIA-232 standard which operates from +/-3-12V rather than the RS232 standard of +/-12V. This board takes signals from the computer/microcontroller and correctly inverts and amplifies the serial signals to the EIA-232 standard. Works great up to about 38400bps. Originally designed to get Bloader working in a bread-board setup, we use our Shifter at 115200bps without problems.
Comes as a bag of parts kit and is easily assembled if you can follow the silkscreen indicators and have beginning experience with a soldering iron.
Checkout our soldering tutorial to assemble this device.
- Qty 1 : DB9 Female Header
- Qty 1 : 2N3904
- Qty 1 : 2N3906
- Qty 1 : 1N4148
- Qty 5 : 10K Ohm
- Qty 2 : 220 Ohm
- Qty 2 : Basic LEDs
- Qty 1 : 10uF
- Qty 4 : 5" Wire
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.