These simple switches are the Mechanical Bumper sensor for the SparkFun RedBot, giving you the ability to detect a collision before it really happens. This sensor works by acting as a SPST switch. When the “whisker” bumps into a foreign object it will make contact with a nut next to it, closing the connection and, by default, turning off the motor. By attaching these mechanical bumpers to you robot the whisker will bump something before your robot crashes into it.
The sensor has a 3-pin header which connects directly to the RedBot Mainboard via female to female jumper wires. Use the included RedBot library to make sure your robot never crashes into anything again.
Check out the entire RedBot family of products!
Dimensions: 1.03 x 0.69" (26.27 x 17.67 mm)
- 1x Mechanical Bumper Board
- 1x Whisker
- 1x ¾" 4-40 Nylon Standoff
- 1x 4-40 Hex Nut
- 3x 3/8" 4-40 Phillips Machine Screw
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.