The Raspberry Pi User Guide, 3rd Edition by Eben Upton and Gareth Halfacree contains everything the reader needs to know to get up and running on the Raspberry Pi.
The third edition is updated for the latest revision of the Raspberry Pi Model B+!
Written by Gareth Halfacree and Eben Upton, the co-creator of Raspberry Pi, this book shows how to:
- Utilise the features of the Model B+ board
- Connect the Raspberry Pi to other devices -- keyboard, mouse, monitor
- Install the necessary software and configure the Raspberry Pi
- Set up the Raspberry Pi as a simple productivity machine and multimedia centre
- Write basic programs in Scratch and Python
- Extend the Pi's capabilities with add-on boards such as the Gertboard
The Raspberry Pi User Guide is an ideal companion when starting out using the Raspberry Pi board.
Check out downloads on Wiley's site for this book
- As of February 11th, 2015 Adafruit are selling the 3rd Edition of the Raspberry Pi User Guide
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.