The SiPy from Pycom is a multi-network (Sigfox, WiFi and BLE) development platform. It's programmable with MicroPython and the Pymakr IDE for fast IoT application development, easy programming in-field and extra resilience with network failover. The best blend of speed to deployment and access to new LPWAN networks rolling out across Europe, USA, Africa and India. You can also configure the SiPy in FSK mode to send packets directly from SiPy to SiPy. This way you can create the network configuration of your choice and then use another SiPy as central Nano-Gateway to forward the data to the cloud via WiFi. Pycom's module is CE, FCC, IC and RCM certified!
This is the 22dBm version for Sigfox Zones RCZ2 (902MHz – US, Canada and Mexico) and RCZ4 (920-922MHz – Australia, New Zealand, Latin America and SE Asia).
- Powerful CPU, BLE and state of the art WiFi radio
- 1 Km WiFi range
- MicroPython enabled
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected micro controllers
Note: Using the Sigfox radio without the external antenna can lead to damage of the device and is therefore not recommended.
Please note: Pycom modules are powered by the new and feature-packed Espressif ESP32 chip. As a result, the firmware is evolving constantly as the ESP32 IDF matures. Regular firmware updates are therefore provided.
Check out the SiPy tutorials at Pycom to see how fast it is to get going!
Pycom has informed us that version 1.0 of this board's DC-DC converter does not go into deep sleep mode. They'll be redesigning the hardware in the future. For now, please check out this forum post for more information including workarounds and root-cause.
Product Dimensions: 55.1mm x 20.3mm x 9.6mm / 2.2" x 0.8" x 0.4"
Product Weight: 7.0g / 0.2oz
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.