The μVGA-III module is a compact and cost effective standalone VGA graphics engine powered by the PICASO graphics processor. It can provide a QVGA/VGA/WVGA graphics solution to any embedded project with its powerful graphics, text, image and animation capabilities, along with countless more features built inside the module.
The μVGA-III features a remote VGA connector, which is able to be disconnected from the PCB. The remote VGA connector enables flexible mounting and connection options when using the μVGA-III. A 30 way header is provided on the rear of the PCB, which is left unpopulated from the factory, however the header is provided with the module. This can be soldered by the user if required, to gain additional IO and comms if required. Wires can also be soldered directly to the PCB if desired. Features:
- Simple VGA interface to variety of monitors and LCD screens.
- Supports the following resolutions: • 320 x 240 (QVGA) • 640 x 480 (VGA) • 800 x 480 (WVGA)
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation
- Supports RGB 65K true to life colors
- 14KB of flash memory for user code storage and 14KB of SRAM for user variables, or 14KB shared user code and program variables.
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial UART ports (COM0, COM1), TTL interface, with 300 to 600K baud.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4Gb.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device:
- VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET. commands.
- 2 x Asynchronous hardware serial port, TTL interface, with 300 baud to 256K baud.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 format) as well as low level access to card memory
- Dedicated Line-Level PWM Audio pin driven by WAV files from micro-SD card.
- A 30 pin header for I/O expansion (supplied but not soldered onto the PCB)
- 15 pin D-type standard VGA connector to interface to any external VGA monitor, on a remote and detachable cable.
- μVGA-III Module
- 150mm 5 pin Female-Female jumper cable (with 5 pin Male-Male adapter to make the jumper cable into Male-Female)
- VGA Cable
- 2x15 pin SMT Connector
Dimensions: 39.0 x 63.0 x 21.5mm
Weight: ~ 17g.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.