The PCM1803A is a high-performance, low-cost, 24-bit stereo analog-to-digital converter that can sample as high as 96k. The PCM1803A is a great choice for a wide variety of applications where high performance is necessary. Such applications include AV amplifier receivers, CD recorders, electrical musical instruments, and high precision analog measurements.
Communication with the PCM1803A is achieved through a serial interface called I2S, described in the datasheet below. Both master and slave communication modes are supported and four data formats are available. As recommended by the datasheet, the AGND and DGND are connected directly under the chip via a solder jumper.
This board includes a number of the necessary components you’ll need to get the PCM1803A up and running. Both 5V and 3.3VDC regulators are included to power the analog and digital sides, respectively. A 24.576MHz oscillator is included, allowing the PCM1803A to run at a number of different sampling frequencies. All pins of the PCM1803A are broken out to a pair of 0.1" pitch headers, including a 3.3V output pin from the regulator.
- 24-Bit Delta-Sigma Stereo A/D Converter
- Single-supply operation: 5-12VDC input on breakout board
- Oversampling Decimation Filter:
- Oversampling Frequency: ?64, ?128
- Pass-Band Ripple: ?0.05 dB
- Stop-Band Attenuation: -65 dB
- On-Chip High-Pass Filter: 0.84 Hz (44.1 kHz)
- THD+N: -95 dB (Typically)
- SNR: 103 dB (Typically)
- Dynamic Range: 103 dB (Typically)
- Sampling Rate: 16 kHz to 96 kHz
- System Clock: 256 fS, 384 fS, 512 fS, 768 fS
- PCM Audio Interface:
- Master/Slave Mode Selectable
- Data Formats:
- 24-Bit Left-Justified
- 24-Bit I2S
- 20-, 24-Bit Right-Justified
Dimensions: Board: 1.40x0.80"
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.