As the field of embedded electronics gets more advanced, hobbyists and professionals are both in need of smaller and more powerful computers. We’ve been looking for awhile and now we’ve found one that we really like, not only because it’s small and fast but because it’s also Arduino shield compatible! The pcDuino Lite is a high performance, cost effective mini PC platform that runs full-featured operating systems such as Ubuntu. The pcDuino Lite is a consumer grade model of our popular pcDuino Dev Board with the major difference of have less DRAM, no Android support, and no on board flash storage.
It’s easy to hook up, just connect 5V power and a keyboard and mouse. The pcDuino Lite outputs video to any HDMI enabled TV or monitor via the built in HDMI interface. It was specifically designed to make it easy for the open source community to develop computationally demanding projects using the vast, existing catalog of Arduino Shields.
An API has been developed for the pcDuino Lite that allows the user to access all of the functions that you would expect using simple Arduino-style language.
Note: Because of the limited amount of DRAM, there is no pre-installed OS, you must provide one and boot it from the SD card.
Note: The pcDuino Lite has trouble connecting to certain DVI monitors. There is a fix available on the pcDuino wiki page. Check the documents below!
Note: This board will be available for a limited time only. Once we run out, they will be gone!
Dimensions: 125mm X 52mm
- 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 CPU
- GPU: OpenGL ES2.0, OpenVG 1.1 Mali 400 core
- 512 MB DRAM
- Onboard Storage: NO Flash, microSD card (TF) slot for up to 32GB
- Arduino-Style Peripheral Headers (Adapter Needed for Shield Form-Factor)
- HDMI Video Output
- Linux3.0 + Ubuntu12.04 Supported
- 0.1" Spaced GPIO Headers
- RJ45 Ethernet Connection
- Power Requirements: 2A @ 5VDC
- API to access the following interfaces:
- Program in C, C++ with GNU tool chain
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.