The patch shield is a cross between a patch panel/bay and a Wingshield. Its designed for times when you want to have remote sensors, or a control panel, or LEDs, or...practically anything where you want to avoid doing a lot of icky wiring!
The shield comes with 4 breadboard-friendly satellite headers. To connect, use any off-the-shelf Ethernet cable. On the shield itself, the sockets act as a patch bay so you can quickly try out different wiring schemes. We think this design will come in handy!
The patch shield kit comes with one main shield PCB and four satellite PCBs as well as all the components necessary to assemble. It does not come with an Arduino, Ethernet cables, breadboards or additional components. The kit is provided unassembled, but its fairly simple to put together and should only take about an hour using the very nice instructions
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.