Woohoo, it's time for a Particle Mesh party! And the Particle Boron LTE is bringing it with a triple-dose of Bluetooth Low Energy, Mesh and LTE Cellular - so you're covered for network connectivity, no matter where you are. The Boron LTE is a powerful LTE CAT-M1/NB1 enabled development kit that can act as either a standalone cellular endpoint or LTE enabled gateway for Particle Mesh networks. It is based on the Nordic nRF52840, the BLE Cortex M4 with a ton of Flash, RAM and peripherals, including native USB support.
Like all Particle Mesh boards, it even has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Poly battery (not included but we stock lots here at the 'fruit) and deploy your local network in minutes. The Boron is great for connecting existing projects to the Particle Device Cloud or as a gateway to connect an entire group of local endpoints where Wi-Fi is missing or unreliable.
Please Note: Particle’s MVNO will provide support for LTE M1 connectivity in the US upon initial release. See the cellular FAQ for details.
You might be looking at this dev board and thinking "Hey wow you know it kinda looks like a Feather!" Well you've won a fabulous prize because it is in fact Feather compatible! Yes, the brilliant engineers at Particle checked out our Feather spec, and made something that is pin compatible so you can use our massive collection of FeatherWings to add more capabilities. (Please note that there may not be Particle Mesh libraries for all the hardware we make, if you're not sure, check with them to see if there's a driver available for their IDE)
All Particle hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud; a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet. The Device Cloud for Particle Mesh is priced by network. All Particle customers get 3 free months of Device Cloud access for micro networks using a cellular gateway. A micro network is defined as a network with 10 total devices and a single gateway. Please refer to their cloud pricing documentation for more information.
- u-blox SARA R410 LTE modem
- LTE CAT M1/ NB1 module with global hardware support (MVNO support for US only)
- 3GPP Release 13 LTE Cat M1
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- On-board additional 2MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- Dual SIM support: Nano 4FF (unpopulated) and MFF2
- U.FL connector for external antenna
- Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
- FCC and PTCRB certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
Product Dimensions: 51.8mm x 22.8mm x 15.3mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.6"
Product Weight: 10.6g / 0.4oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.