This is the ORP Kit, a large sensor kit that measures the ability of a solution to act as an oxidizing or reducing agent. Inside the kit you will find everything you need to get started, including an ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential) probe, an EZO™ ORP board, two bottles of solution and a BNC connector board.
The ORP probe in this kit is a passive device that detects a current generated from the oxidation reduction of water. This current (which can be positive or negative) is very weak and can only be detected with a multimeter, or an analog to digital converter—but only if the ORP is very high and in the positive; an ADC cannot read a negative voltage.
Meanwhile, the EZO class ORP circuit is a small-footprint computer system that is specifically designed to be used in applications where the measurements of the oxidation reduction potential need to be as accurate and precise as possible. The ORP circuit will output readings from -1019.9mV to +1019.9mV. This circuit is even capable of reading ORP readings down to the tenths place.
Let it be known that ORP is a complex measurement and should not be compared to straightforward pH measurement. There are several factors that may make two ORP probes not provide the same measurement results in similar samples.
- 1x EZO™ ORP Circuit
- 1x Platinum Rod ORP Probe
- 1x 125ml (4oz) ORP Calibration Solution
- 1x 125ml (4oz) ORP Storage Solution
- 1x Pre-Assembled Female BNC Connector
- ORP Probe
- Range: +/-2000mV
- Response Time: 95% in 1s
- Max Pressure: 100 PSI
- Temperature Range: 1–80°C
- EZO Circuit
- Range: -1019.9mV–1019.9mV
- Max Rate: 1 reading per sec
- Single Point Calibration
- UART & I2C Data Protocol Support
- Default I2C Address: (0x62)
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V–5V
- Data Format: ASCII
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.