The Moog Werkstatt-Ø1 is a patchable and compact, one oscillator analog synthesizer. What’s really amazing about this kit is that there is no soldering required. That’s right, the Werkstatt-Ø1 is pretty much ready to go straight out of the box. All you need to do is construct the enclosure around the synthesizer PCB (or don’t), plug in a ¼" audio plug and 12V power and you are good to go!
Each Werkstatt-Ø1 has a variety of interface sections you can use to control the synthesizer, such as:
- VCO: A single Voltage Controlled Oscillator with two selectable waveforms is Werkstatt’s primary source of sound.
- VCO MOD: Oscillator Modulation is a way of creating everything from subtle pitch vibrato, and chorus-like sounds to metallic and harsh effects.
- LFO: The Low Frequency Oscillator creates a cyclical modulation source that can be used to add a repeating change to any modulation destination.
- VCF: The Voltage Controlled Filter is a classic 24dB per octave Moog Ladder filter, which shapes sound by attenuating and/or emphasizing certain harmonic elements.
- VCF MOD: Filter Modulation changes the value of the Filter’s Cutoff Frequency.
- VCA: The Voltage Controlled Amplifier determines the output level of the Werkstatt. Its source is determined by the Mode switch.
- Envelope: Each time a key is pressed, the Envelope Generator produces control voltages that allow you to change the value of certain parameters over time
- KBD: The keyboard features one-octave of round buttons as opposed to traditional keys, but the layout is the same.
- Glide: Determines the time it takes to make a smooth pitch transition from one note to another note
- Patchable Header: This allows control signals generated by the Werkstatt to be easily routed to the control inputs of the VCO, VCF, VCA, and LFO.
Putting together your Werkstatt is easy. No soldering is required, and all of the electronic components have been pre-assembled. The only tools you will need are a #1 Phillips screwdriver, and a good pair of scissors. The Werkstatt-Ø1 is an excellent platform for exploring the world of analog synthesizer circuits. A lifetime of experimentation, knob twisting, and sound design awaits.
In the Documents section below you will find many projects from Moog to use in conjunction with your Werkstatt-Ø1. These projects include adding a photocell, volume knob, and pressure sensitive resistor or incorporating pitchblend, dual oscillator, and LFO Rate Quantizerinterfaces. There are many more projects to experiment with, check them all out!
- Operating Voltage/Ampage: 12VDC @ 1.2A
- No Soldering Required
- Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
- 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
- Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
- One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.