Add a good quality, slim keyboard to your Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone Black or other mini-computer with this sleek black chiclet keyboard. It's a full QWERTY keyboard with a wireless USB dongle and is compatible with all operating systems. Adafruit tried many keyboards to find one that felt good for every-day use and didn't take up too much room.
While it's not as small as Adafruit's Miniature Microcontroller-Friendly Keyboard, this keyboard will work great with a PC, Mac, Raspberry Pi or Beagle Bone. And it's still very small at just 11.2" x 5" x 0.8" (284mm x 127mm x 21mm.)
The keyboard is wireless, and the matching dongle connects through a USB port so it works great with just about anything - it shows up just like any other keyboard. 2 x AAA batteries are required but they're included! The dongle has a storage spot in the battery case, so if you're unable to find it, try opening up the battery spot and see if its tucked in there.
To use with a Raspberry Pi, change the keyboard to USA PC104 layout:
- Switch to root user.
- Run 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and change from en_GB.UTF-8 to en_US.UTF-8.
- Run 'dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration' and change the keyboard to USA PC104 (again, change as needed).
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.