It’s powerful, it’s portable, it’s Pro! We’re continuing our Pro series of Arduino-compatible micro-controllers with the addition of the Mega Pro. This is a 3.3V microcontroller running a version of the stk500v2 bootloader at 8MHz. Just like the other Pro-series boards this board is built with all SMD components and comes with no headers populated in order to minimize the cost and the board profile. Of course this board has the same pin-configuration as the Arduino Mega so it is dimensionally shield compatible (but do keep in mind that this is a 3.3V board unlike the Arduino Mega).
The Pro series is meant for users that understand the limitations of system voltage (3.3V), lack of connectors, and USB off board. This board connects directly to the FTDI Basic Breakout board and supports auto-reset and the DC power jack footprint is available, but not populated.
Note: If you are using Arduino, modifications were made to the bootloader to support the 3.3V system, you will need to download and install a new board definition so that the Mega Pro can be programmed in the Arduino environment. The .zip archive below contains all of the files that you’ll need including a “readme” file with simple instructions for how to install them. OR you can use Wiring and not worry about this since the board is officially supported. You will need to download the board definition files here.
Not sure which Arduino or Arduino-compatible board is right for you? Check out our Arduino Buying Guide!
- ATmega2560 running at 8MHz external resonator
- Low-voltage board needs no interfacing circuitry to popular 3.3V devices and modules (GPS, Accelerometers, sensors, etc)
- USB connection off board
- 3.3V regulator, 500mA max
- Over current protected
- Reverse polarity protected
- DC input 3.3V up to 12V
- Resettable fuse prevents damage to board in case of short
- Power select switch acts as on/off switch
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.