The JustBoom Amp HAT is a high-quality audio amplifier designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi. Digital-to-analog conversion is also included with the Amp HAT, so no external sound cards or DACs are required. Simply stack the plug-and-play add-on board (HAT) onto your Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B or the new 3B, and it will be ready to use immediately.
JustBoom designed the Amp HAT to be simple to install and use. With no soldering required and all the mounting hardware already provided, this product is suitable for both beginners and seasoned professionals alike. Just connect your Amp HAT to a set of passive speakers, and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless, high-quality audio playback within minutes. Also included is an optional IR receiver to allow remote control operation of your Raspberry Pi Amplifier.
Featuring a Class-D power amplifier chip with built-in 192kHz/32-bit DAC, for a peak power output of 2 x 55 watts, the JustBoom Amp HAT outputs audio over two speaker cable connector blocks that accept anything up to 14 AWG cable and will provide crystal-clear audio to either 4 or 8 ohm passive speakers. The Amp HAT uses the I2S interface for its audio input, which reduces CPU load on the Raspberry Pi compared with USB solutions. It is also designed to back-power the Raspberry Pi over the 40-pin GPIO header, meaning you only need a single power supply for the entire system.
Note: To power this HAT you will need to pick up the Global Power Supply or possess one capable of powering the HAT.
- Full high-quality audio — 192kHz / 32-bit
- 2 x 55 watt peak output at 8 ohms (2 x 30 watt RMS)
- Includes both a DAC and power amplifier — just connect to your passive speakers
- Back-powers the Raspberry Pi over the GPIO (with full HAT-compliant protection) at 2.5A, so only one power supply is required for the whole system.
- Plug-and-play compatibility for ease of use
- Hardware and software volume control from your Raspberry Pi
- Onboard hardware jumpers for configuring mute and gain settings (jumpers could optionally be changed with switches)
- Mute/enable with GPIO22 (this can be overridden by using jumper J4)
- No soldering required
- Optional IR receiver included in package
- Unused GPIO pins still accessible via unpopulated extension header
- Full driver support in Raspbian / NOOBS
- Compatible with OSMC / Max2Play /RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC and others
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.