Intel Galileo is an Arduino-compatible development board based on a 32-bit Intel® Pentium® class System on a Chip. Intel Galileo is designed for the Maker community which includes Do-It-Yourself crafters, engineers, artists, and hobbyists. Intel Galileo provides ease of development through support for the x86 and Linux software environments.
Besides, Galileo is the first board based on Intel® architecture designed to be hardware and software pin-compatible with Arduino shields designed for the Uno R3. Of course, the Galileo board is also software compatible with the Arduino Software Development Environment (IDE) (For now, the version 1.5.3 of Arduino IDE supports Galileo board).
Intel Galileo Board Hardware Overview Video
Intel Quark SoC Overview
• x86 CPU
• Arduino Uno Rev3 Shield pin compatible
• USB host
• Mini PCI-express port
• Micro SD card supported
• Many Arduino Shields are compatible without migrate
• Intel Quark SoC X1000 Application Processor. 400MHz, 32-bit Pentium class
• 16 KBytes on-die L1 cache
• 512 KBytes of on-die embedded SRAM
• Simple to program: Single thread, single core, constant speed
• ACPI compatible CPU sleep states supported
• An integrated Real Time Clock (RTC), with an optional 3V coin cell battery for operation between turn on cycles.
• 256MB DDR3 DRAM
• PSoC (programmable system on chip) from Cypress, I2C-controlled I/O expander chip
• 10/100 mbit/s Ethernet connector
• USB 2.0 Host connector
• USB 2.0 Client connector
• 8MB Flash
• 10-pin Standard JTAG header for debugging
• I2C, SPI, UART, ICSP be supported
• Intel Galileo main board x1
• Power plug, has 5 adapters for different standards. x1
• Galileo Datasheet(pdf)
• Galileo Supported Shield list (pdf, update 2013/10/10)
• Galileo Schematic(pdf)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.