Breadboards are great for quickly prototyping Arduino projects on the workbench, but they're really inconvenient if you want to make something a bit more permanent. The solution: a prototyping shield!
ProtoShields fit directly onto an Arduino compatible such as the Eleven and have a large general-purpose area in the middle where you can solder on your own parts for a durable, long-lasting project. The ProtoShield Basic is designed to be so cheap that you can keep a few around "just in case", and we even sell them in a 5-pack to save you even more money!
Don't be deceived by the price though. They may be cheap, but they're not cheap - if you know what we mean. The PCB surface is gold-plated for maximum durability, and it has connection markings on both the top and the bottom so you don't get RSI turning the PCB over every 3 seconds to see what connections go to which pins.
- Gold plated PCB: solders easily and very resistant to corrosion.
- Top and bottom overlay.
- Mounting pads for "reset" button wired through to Arduino reset line.
- Mounting pads for "power on" LED and current-limiting resistor.
- Mounting pads for 2 x 100nF power supply smoothing capacitors.
- Clearly marked GND and 5V rails beside prototyping area.
- Sexy rounded corners.
Note that the ProtoShield Basic comes without any extra parts at all: no headers, no reset button, no LED, no resistor, no caps. Just a bare PCB, ready for you to fit whatever headers and other parts you happen to have handy.
- "Fitting ProtoShield Basic Parts" tutorial
- "Soldering Arduino Shield Headers" tutorial
- Schematic / Project Worksheet (PDF, 24K)
- ProtoShield Basic design files
- PSB (339)
- PSB5PK (177)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.