A really tiny portable inverter for EL wire. Powers off of a single CR2032 coin battery (not included!), it can drive up to 50cm / 20 inches of Adafruit's high-brightness EL wire or 10cm x 1cm long piece of EL tape for 3 hours (or longer if the EL wire is less than 50cm long). There is a button for selecting steady/blink/off modes. Comes with a 2.5mm pitch female JST connector. Like all inverters Adafruit have used, the 2000 Hz oscillation is slightly audible.
This inverter can only power 10 CENTIMETERS (2.5 INCHES) of 1cm wide tape or a 3cm x 3cm / 1.25" x 1.25" piece of EL panel
To connect a piece EL wire to this, you'll want a male connector wire
Soldering to EL wire is a little tricky but luckily Adafruit wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial!
EL Wire Coin Cell Mini Inverter (2:14)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.