The Danger Shield mounts on top of your Arduino or Arduino Pro and equips it with a variety of fun and useful inputs and outputs. The Danger Shield has so much potential; we can’t wait to see what you’re able to do with it! The shield’s features include:
- Three linear slide potentiometers connected to the Arduino’s analog pins 0 through 2.
- Red and yellow LEDs connected to digital pins 5 and 6 - PWM pins - so you can easily vary their brightness.
- Three momentary push buttons connected up to the Arduino’s digital pins 10 through 12. Those lines will go low when the buttons are pressed.
- A photocell and a temperature sensor, both with analog outputs, are connected to the analog pins 3 and 4, respectively.
- An 8-bit shift register set up to control a blue 7-segment LED.
- A buzzer - so you can get sound out of your Arduino
- Capacitive Touch pad - Using the CapSense library to sense touch.
This product comes as a kit of parts, which you’ll have to solder into the included PCB. All parts are through-hole so it should go together relatively easily; but always check your component orientation before soldering!
- 1x PCB Danger Shield Kit
- 3x Slide Potentiometers - 10K
- 1x 7-Segment LED - Blue
- 1x 8-bit Shift Register - 74HC595
- 1x Temperature Sensor - TMP36
- 1x Miniature Photocell
- 1x Piezo Speaker
- 1x Basic LED - Red
- 2x Basic LEDs - Yellow
- 1x Mini Push Button
- 3x Momentary Push Buttons - 12mm Square
- 11x Resistors - 330 Ohm
- 1x Resistors - 10K Ohm
- 1x Resistor 1M Ohm 1/6W
- 2x 8-pin Arduino Stackable Headers
- 2x 6-pin Arduino Stackable Headers
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.