The chipKIT uC32 is an open-source hardware prototyping platform that adds the performance of the Microchip PIC32 microcontroller.
The uC32 is the same form factor as the Arduino™ Uno board. It features a USB serial port interface for connection to the IDE and can be powered via USB or an external power supply.
The chipKIT uC32™ development board is the same form factor and has the same connectors and features of chipKIT Uno 32™ but with larger microcontroller. The uC32 board has the larger Microchip® PIC32MX340F512H microcontroller featuring 80 Mhz 32-bit MIPS, 512K Flash, and 32K SRAM. Compared to the Uno32 that has Microchip® PIC32MX320F128 processor, 80 Mhz 32-bit MIPS, and 128K Flash, 16K SRAM.
To download the IDE, please visit: https://github.com/chipKIT32/chipKIT32-MAX/downloads
The uC32 board takes advantage of the powerful PIC32MX340F512 microcontroller. This microcontroller features a 32-bit MIPS processor core running at 80Mhz, 512K of Flash program memory and 32K of SRAM data memory.
The uC32 can be programmed using the Multi-Platform Integrated Development Environment (MPIDE), an environment based on the original Arduino IDE modified to support PIC32. It contains everything needed to start developing embedded applications. In addition, the uC32 is fully compatible with the advanced Microchip MPLAB® IDE and the PICKit3 in-system programmer/debugger.
The uC32 is easy to use and suitable for both beginners and advanced users experimenting with electronics and embedded control systems.
The uC32 provides 42 I/O pins that support a number of peripheral functions, such as UART, SPI, and I2C ports and pulse width modulated outputs. Twelve of the I/O pins can be used as analog inputs or as digital inputs and outputs.
For additional platform-specific support for your chipKIT, please visit: http://www.chipkit.org/forum/.
- Microchip® PIC32MX340F512H microcontroller
- 80 Mhz 32-bit MIPS
- 512K Flash
- 32K SRAM)
- Compatible with many existing Arduino™ code examples, reference materials and other resources
- Arduino™ "Uno" form factor
- Compatible with many Arduino™ shields
- 42 available I/O
- Two user LEDs
- PC connection uses a USB A > mini B cable (not included)
- 12 analog inputs
- 3.3V operating voltage
- 75mA typical operating current
- 7V to 15V input voltage (recommended)
- 20V input voltage (maximum)
- 0V to 3.3V analog input voltage range
- +/-18mA DC current per pin
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for chipKIT products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.